Winner winner, chicken dinner! This Smothered Baked Broccoli Chicken is a one pan bake that couldn’t be easier on the cook and also happens to be super delicious. Thanks to a ranch-inspired sauce that covers the whole thing, you get succulent and flavorful chicken but also tender broccoli, crispy bacon and plenty of melted cheddar. It’s a dinner you don’t have to put a lot of thought into ahead of time but I promise you’ll be thinking of it long after it’s gone.
The sauce that ‘smothers’ everything is easy to make. You’re just mixing together some mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and salt and pepper. It’s reminiscent of ranch dressing and is creamy and slightly tangy with subtle onion and garlic flavor.
You spread that alllll over the chicken…
… and then top it with broccoli, bacon, and mozzarella and cheddar. You’ll want to blanch the broccoli a bit so it’s nice and tender at the same time the chicken cooks through, but if you use frozen broccoli you’ll be able to skip that step.
Everything bakes for just twenty minutes (or a little more depending on the size of the chicken) and dinner is done.
This is great over rice or alongside potatoes, but it’s hearty enough that it totally works as a one-and-done meal (or as a great low carb option). It’s simple and quick, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the type of dinner you won’t find yourself craving often!
Smothered Baked Broccoli Chicken
10m prep time
20m cook time
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped and blanched
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Top with broccoli and bacon, followed by cheeses. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!