When you need dinner on the table fast there’s always a sheet pan to the rescue. You can even buy some of your veggies pre-chopped for an even quicker prep time, making these simple meals some of the easiest and quickest around. Plus, when you make up a sheet pan dinner you’re getting a lot of wholesome veggies, each of them just a little crisp on on the outside from being roasted in the oven.
This smoked paprika sausage and veggie sheet pan dinner is super easy and very tasty – making it even easier than sautéing everything on the stovetop! This dish is flavored with smoked paprika which goes so perfectly with Polish sausage. Of course you can use another type of sausage if you prefer. Any sausage that can be sliced will be amazing in this dish.
There’s also bell pepper, red onion, and broccoli in the mix so your dinner will be colorful as well as tasty.
The thing that brings all these flavors together is a savory and tangy sauce that cooks into the meat and veggies in the oven. What’s left on the pan isn’t soggy, but is filled with goodness of the sauce.
This sauce has a bit of flavor from dijon mustard and some spices, as well as some bright flavor from red wine vinegar and lemon juice. And, we can’t forget the smoked paprika as well! This is what gives everything that smoldering, deep flavor that’s so hearty.
Serve this over some rice and sprinkle with a hefty dose fresh parsley for a fresh note at the end and you’ve got dinner ready in no time.
I love this dish for when there’s a chill in the air since it’s so filling and comforting. But, to be honest it’s good all year ’round!
Smoked Paprika Sausage and Veggies
20m prep time
40m cook time
For the paprika sauce:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
For the sausage bake:
- 1 (12 oz) package Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 lb chopped broccoli
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Place sausage and veggies on large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle half the sauce on top of veggies and roast in oven for 35-40 minutes. While this cooks prepare rice to package directions.
- Pour another tablespoon of sauce over veggies and sausage and toss to combine. Serve over rice with a bit more sauce on top and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe adapted from Budget Bytes.