Sweet and nutty, this one really delivers on flavor.
There’s nothing like a good chicken dish to get everyone excited about dinner. This slow cooker chicken has a few Asian flavors which blend really nicely with poultry. And, the best part of this recipe is that you can pop it into the slow cooker and practically forget about it until it’s ready to eat!
To make this sticky slow cooker chicken you’ll start by browning the chicken in a skillet before transferring to the slow cooker and adding half the sesame seeds.
Then you simply need to add the rest of the ingredients (minus the water and cornstarch) and set your slow cooker to either 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Once the chicken is done, add the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce is nicely thickened. Finally, sprinkle with sesame seeds on top and voilà!
This is a great low-effort meal to make when you’re craving a tasty meal, but really want something that’s also wholesome and homemade.
The honey in this recipe really adds a nice sweetness to the dish without being overpowering at all. And, the sesame seeds add a nuttiness and crunch that really elevates this recipe.
You could also add some chopped green onion on top for a delicious garnish that adds a bit of color.
Make some rice and some steamed or sautéed vegetables to go with and you’ve got a complete meal. This main dish is a real hit with just about everyone who likes chicken. Try it for yourself with recipe below.
Slow Cooker Sticky Garlic Chicken
10 minutes active, 4+ hours inactive
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and sear, just until outside is browned.
- Transfer to slow cooker insert and sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Set slow cooker to cook 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Remove chicken and place liquid in a small saucepan.
- Stir cornstarch into 2 tablespoons of water and whisk into liquid. Cook over low heat until mixture has thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Top and Exclusive Foods.