We get very hungry when we begin to think about quiche. This delicious egg and vegetable dish is usually associated with French cuisine, although its origins are in Germany. Quiche is actually borrowed word from the word “küeche,” meaning “cake.” Both countries agree that quiche is delicious no matter where it’s from!
A quiche normally is baked into a crust, but we’ve discovered that you can make quiche quite easily without crust in a slow cooker. It’s so simple! After a busy day, it’s nice to know that you have a nutritious and delectable dinner waiting for you. Cut yourself a slice and bon appetite!
Beautiful Bell Pepper Quiche
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 white onion
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cook red bell peppers, banana peppers, basil, and onion in a medium skillet at medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, mozzarella, cheddar, flour, butter, salt, and baking powder for 3 minutes in a mixing bowl.
- Add your sauteed peppers, basil, and onions to your mixing bowl.
- Pour your ingredients to a greased slow cooker.
- Cook your quiche on low heat for four hours in your slow cooker.
- Let cool for ten minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures