Simply Delicious Grilled Recipe: Lime Spiced Grilled Chicken
All year, we look forward to the time when we can start grilling again. Meats, veggies even fruits, they just taste great when you cook them on the grill!
While chicken is one of those dishes that we eat year-round, we love it because it’s so versatile and there are so many different ways to make it tasty. In this case, we wanted something zesty and spicy and full of flavor. With fresh garlic and limes, along with onion, oregano and red pepper flakes, this chicken is perfectly seasoned and totally delicious– plus, it’s great for you!
Spicy Lime Grilled Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Generously season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and transfer to a large, re-sealable bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, onion powder, lime zest, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Pour marinade into plastic bag, seal and move bag around so that chicken is completely coated.
- Refrigerate chicken for 1-4 hours.
- When ready, preheat grill (or griddle) to medium-high and cook chicken breasts, flipping in the middle, until no longer pink. 6-8 minutes total.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well