It seems like brussels sprouts get a bad rap or go completely unnoticed, but we think that’s just because people haven’t tried them like this. Roasted brussels sprouts, packed with garlic, onions and nuts, are so good and really make healthy eating a breeze! This is a great dish for weeknight dinners or big family celebrations alike. You might have some picky eaters in the bunch, but we promise they’ll be champing at the bit for more of these greens; go you(!) for giving them something delicious and good for them!
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Onions & Walnuts
- 8 cups (24 oz.) brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a large bowl, combine brussels sprouts, garlic, shallots, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and season everything.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until some brussels sprouts have become crispy.
- In the meantime, toast your walnuts for 4-5 minutes, in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently so they don’t burn.
- Remove tray from oven, add walnuts and extra olive oil (and seasoning, if needed) and toss well. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Whole Living