Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Apple Pie. It may seem like there is a whole lot going on there, but don’t let that scare you away. Really, it’s just a dish that has all the dessert bases covered. And what’s not to like about that? The crust is made with subtly cinnamon-flavored snickerdoodle crumbs and that’s topped with a layer of rich and creamy cheesecake and spiced apple pie filling. Each flavor enhances the last for a layered and luscious dessert that is really hard to beat.
The crust couldn’t be easier to make! No rolling pins needed. It’s comprised of a packaged Snickerdoodle cookie mix and some butter and then pressed into a pie pan. And oh my, it’s so good we might end up using it with everything.
The second layer is a quick cheesecake filling which adds such a wonderful creamy component to the baked apples. The whole thing has the subtle spice of cinnamon and it’s just perfect topped with a cool scoop of vanilla ice cream. Traditional apple pie certainly has its place, but this version is pretty hard to resist.
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Apple Pie
20 minutes active, 4 hours inactive to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 package snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cooke mix with the softened butter until crumbly. Press 2 cups of the crumbs into the bottom and sides of prepared dish. Bake 10 minutes and set aside.
- Add the melted butter to the remaining cookie crumbs and mix together. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and flour, mixing until well combined. Add vanilla and egg, and beat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together apple pie filling and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Assemble the pie by spreading the cheesecake mixture onto the cookie crust in pie dish. Top with apple pie filling, then crumble remaining cookie crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake until golden brown, 35-45 minutes. Cool completely, then chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!