If you’ve never had this before, you must give it a try!
In the glitzy world of casseroles, fancy doesn’t always mean better, but – and we can hardly contain ourselves here – we’re really “puttin’ on the ritz” with this super easy and delicious casserole. Our Ritz chicken casserole is about a simple as a dinner can get, with some shredded chicken, condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green onions all topped with a generous crumble of Ritz crackers. No need to make weeknight meal prep something extra complicated when good food like this is just a handful of simple ingredients away from feeding our hungry crowd.
Pantry staples and a couple of fresh ingredients are all we need to whip up a delicious meal. Creamy chicken soup and sour cream add great substance to the dish, while bits of shredded chicken add just the right amount of protein. A pop of green from green onions adds a little freshness to the dish, and we’ll even garnish it with some fresh chopped parsley. Of course, the jewels in the crown of this dish are the buttery crackers crushed and scattered effortlessly over the top of the casserole, then baked to a golden perfection in the oven. We love that contrast of creamy and crunchy in each and every bite of this casserole.
Casseroles seem so retro, dare we even say that they’re often considered outdated, but retro is having a bit of a comeback these days and some classic recipes, once beloved then frowned upon, are now back in the spotlight. We love a good casserole because everything is tossed together in one baking dish and comes piping hot out of the oven, ready to serve and for the most part is really easy to clean up. As much as we love trying new and more modern recipes, this casserole is a no-frills kind of meal that we can whip up in virtually no time. We can just grab a plate or a bowl and fill our bellies with something warm and satisfying.
Ritz Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ box (60 crackers) Ritz crackers, crushed
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and green onions in a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Add chicken and stir until well blended.Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Toss crushed crackers with melted butter, then sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. Bake for 25-30 minutes or golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.