If we may recommend one casserole as a kind of guaranteed stick-to-your-ribs dish, packed with classic ingredients and flavors, then this french onion chicken bake will be at the top of our list. Watching this bubble and brown in the oven is just about as close to glorious as it gets! Our family absolutely loves this casserole, and there’s barely any cleaning to do after because everyone has licked their plates clean! When the weather starts to cool, this is one recipe we know will warm up hungry bellies.
Casseroles are one of our dinner time favorites due to the pure simplicity of ingredients and recipes. Everything is tossed together and baked in one casserole dish, that’s it! And a good casserole recipe is something that is versatile, so no one ever gets tired of the same ol’ tired casserole week after week. With just a few store-bought and pantry staple ingredients and basically no prep (we made sure to pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store then shredded it to pieces), this casserole has to be one of our easiest recipes. A little family secret: we might add a little sour cream to the mix as well.
French onion chicken bake is full of flavor and textures. The combination of tender chicken and creamy french onion dip, buttery biscuits, and sharp cheddar cheese are downright drool-worthy. And we love the golden color that looks so inviting. Our kitchen is filled with the most amazing aroma as this bakes in the oven. French onion chicken bake is perfect for any quick weeknight dinner, especially when we’re hustling kids from activity to activity or just getting home late from work. In 30 minutes dinner is ready to be served. A full meal baked in one dish that can feed the whole family is a win-win in our book!
French Onion Chicken Bake
40 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 oz) tub french onion dip
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 oz) can refrigerated biscuits
- ¼ cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, soup, french onion dip, and cheese in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters then fold into chicken mixture. Transfer chicken and biscuit mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with french fried onions.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.