First off, there is nothing better than a smooth and creamy cheesecake! Second, there is nothing we love more than a recipe that requires little-to-no effort! Not to mention a recipe that we can easily include the kids, getting them in the kitchen to help us! They loved not only being able to snack on the mini eggs (mayyybe they had more than they should have), but being able to smash them up to put in the cake was a blast!
There is literally zero baking required for this, so no need to preheat your oven or warm up the kitchen on a warm day! We made it as a family, the kids had a blast and it tastes fantastic!
Easter Egg Cheesecake
15 minutes active; 2+ hours inactive
- 1 pack chocolate biscuits (Digestive)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Cadbury Mini Eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a food processor crush the pack of cookies into a very fine, sandy look.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and press into a greased 7-inch tin.
- In another bowl, mix together the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice.
- Once combined, fold in chopped mini eggs. Pour mixture onto top of cookie base and smooth out.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place a generous dollop of whip cream on top of the cake, and then pour the remaining mini eggs over top. Serve and enjoy!