We’re always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked!
This yummy casserole may be kind of a guilty pleasure, but it makes for a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy, including you — because it’s so easy! And the sky’s the limit when it comes to toppings you can add after. We added pickles after baking, but you can add tomatoes, lettuce, or anything else your heart desires.
It’s an incredibly easy hot dish to mix up and the ingredients are easy to keep on hand, so what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Serves 4-6; 1 hour
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package (3 oz) real bacon bits
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 package (32 oz) frozen tater tots
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- bread and butter pickles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown the ground beef, then drain any excess grease.
- Mix browned beef, bacon, cheese, tater tots, soup, and sour cream together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake until bubbly, 45-50 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with pickles, if desired. Enjoy!