Sandwich Recipe: Stacked Turkey, Tomato & Bacon Club
We love a good club sandwich at any time of day, because it’s absolutely packed with flavor and it’s really filling! Plus, we think they’re fun to eat! You could make a club sandwich with whatever type of meat you prefer, but our favorite is the turkey club, and with any leftover turkey you may have in the future, this is a good recipe to keep in mind. So, to our delicious turkey, we like some good ol fashioned BLT additions to round things out, and then we just stack our sammies and dive right in; easy peasy and you’re ready to go!
Turkey Club Sandwich
- 6 pieces wheat or white bread
- 4 oz. white turkey meat, thickly sliced
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In batches, toast all slices of bread.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook bacon until extra crispy. Set aside to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and discard fat.
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of every slice of bread.
- To assemble: take first slice of bread (mayonnaise side up) and place a small bunch of lettuce on top of it.
- Cover with 1-2 slices of turkey, then top with second slice of bread (mayonnaise side on the turkey).
- Take 2 pieces of bacon and break into crumbles. Put crumbles on top of second slice of bread. Top with ½ of your tomato slices and top with remaining bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
- Cut club sandwiches in half diagonally, and then diagonally again, going the other direction, to create quarters.
Note: if sandwiches aren’t staying together, feel free to use toothpicks to keep them from falling apart.
- Serve immediately or chilled.