Sheet pan meals make life so easy and this particular one is really something special. A far cry from the usual chicken breasts or sausage you see in a sheet pan dinner, this one features enough salmon to feed four hungry people plus roasted potatoes plus green beans. And did I mention it comes with an incredibly delicious herb-studded garlic butter sauce? It’s true. It’s the perfect (complete!) meal for a quick weeknight dinner or for a special occasion.
Now, with this method, you end up with perfectly flaky salmon and tender green beans and potatoes that all come off of one sheet pan, but there is a trick to getting them done at the same time and that is that you want to give the potatoes a little head start. You coat some baby potatoes in olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper, and let them bake for ten minutes before anything else gets added to the tray.
Then you go ahead and add the salmon – which you top with a mixture of melted butter, garlic, oregano, thyme, and rosemary – and green beans and bake them until the salmon is flaky and moist and so flavorful.
And that latter baking time? That only takes about fifteen minutes. So that’s twenty-five total minutes of baking (and mayyyyybe five minutes of additional effort) until you have an absolutely delicious and well-rounded one-pan dinner. Winner winner, salmon dinner!
Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Salmon
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 lbs salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- For the garlic butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and about 2 cloves of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, 4 cloves minced garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Toss green beans in remaining tablespoon of oil and 2 cloves of garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salmon and green beans on sheet pan. Spoon the garlic butter mixture over the salmon. Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Le Creme De La Crumb.