We know how busy you are most days and despite it all, you still need to make time to sit down and eat. It’s so important to kick back and connect with people we care about over a nice, hot meal – far removed from the hectic pace that most of us keep day to day. That’s why our rotisserie chicken casserole is the perfect solution; it’s a way for you to serve up something wonderful that is sure to recharge everyone’s batteries with fresh and accessible ingredients.
Rotisserie chicken is always a great go-to because you can use every part of the chicken for a purpose, so there’s never any waste. We used quite a bit of the meat in this dish, shredding and combining it with additional, hearty ingredients like savory ham, condensed cream of chicken soup, rice, and melty cheese. There was plenty more flavor where that came from with celery and seasonings that all blended so well together, creating this supremely comforting casserole.
To make this beyond delicious, we topped off all of that goodness with buttery, crunchy, corn flakes that honestly made us all pause when we took our first and even second bites. You know how it is when you taste something that good and, suddenly, there are no words? Well, that’s what happened when we tried this amazing casserole, and we knew right then and there that you had to have some too!
Rotisserie Chicken Casserole
1 hour to prepare serves 6-8
- 3 cups cooked, rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups ham
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 3/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken soup, rice, ham, cheddar cheese, almonds, mayonnaise and celery.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper (if using), then stir in shredded chicken.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish, then top with corn flakes. Drizzle melted butter over the top and transfer baking dish to oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and warmed through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mom On Timeout