Your house will smell so good the neighbors may come knocking…
A light and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will surely love, this sweetly aromatic roasted chicken has a crisp, citrusy skin and bakes up in just half an hour! If throwing together mouth-watering one-pot meals makes you as happy as it does us, you’ll jump for joy over this awesome little dish. This is an excellent go-to recipe for those days you may be short on time and ingredients, but don’t want to skimp on a bit of flavor – And trust us, your house will smell so good the neighbors may come knocking.
Roasted Orange Chicken
- 8-10 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Whisk together orange marmalade, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl and coat each chicken thigh.
- Place large oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat and carefully add chicken thighs, skin-down. Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in onions, garlic, orange slices, thyme and rosemary. Make sure all is coated with oil, without tearing the chicken thighs.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until skin is crisp, and serve!
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious