This Rosemary Honey Roast Is The Perfect Recipe For That Special Occasion! The Meat Comes Out So Tender And Juicy.
Holiday Roast Recipe: Rosemary Honey Leg Of Lamb
Turkey and beef seem to get a lot of attention over the holidays, but we’d like to remind everyone of how delicious roast lamb is. This dish really makes the perfect addition to the table at any family celebration! Lamb is a lovely choice because of its subtle flavor and tenderness, and we absolutely adore matching it with fresh flavors, such as herbs and lemon. This dish is particularly nice because it has the strong presence of rosemary and lemon, but it’s toned down with the addition of honey, rounding it off and giving it a really special touch.
For Christmas or New Year’s, consider tweaking your menu to include this lamb. It’s a dish that will elevate your holiday dinner, without requiring hours and hours in the kitchen!
Rosemary Roasted Lamb
- 5 pound leg of lamb
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 white onions, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Allow meat to reach room temperature before cooking. Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place lamb in a roasting dish and rub all over with lemon juice, minced garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dish to oven and roast for 30 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350º F and cook for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer registers 145-150º F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Place roasting pan on stovetop and mix drippings with onions, chicken stock and red wine.
- Deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to remove burnt pieces and add honey to thicken the sauce.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat until sauce thickens and reduces.
- Strain before serving and drizzle over lamb, garnished with rosemary sprigs and potatoes.
Recipe adapted from EmerilSKM: below-content placeholder