Ritz crackers are definitely one of our Achilles heels, in that it’s incredibly difficult to stop snacking on them once we have one…so, add them to a creamy chicken casserole and you can understand why it’s a truly delicious, addictive dish that everyone loves. Basically, you make this and it’s game over. We love it for how good it tastes and the fact that it’s a breeze to make – does it get any better than that after a long day?
Okay, so with a hearty dose of ritz crackers to top off this tasty dish – along with some butter, naturally – we also added roasted chicken, chicken soup, and variety of herbs and spices to bring this recipe to life. While macaroni and cheese or chicken noodle soup might come to your mind when you first think of comfort food, one bite of this and you’ll see just how comforting it is!
Ritz Chicken Casserole
Serves 4 40 minutes
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 8x8-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine soup and sour cream in a large bowl, then stir in shredded chicken.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, and stir in Italian seasoning, paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish, then top with crushed ritz crackers.
- Evenly pour melted butter over the crushed crackers, then place baking dish in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until dish is heated through and crackers are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Bake At Midnite