You can buy cereal-based snack mixes in a store, this is true, but there’s just no way that they’ll approach this level of festiveness! This seasonal snack mix has some Chex cereal involved but it also has a few other tricks up its sleeve for a sweet and salty mix that’s equally adorable and delicious. Snack mixes are meant to be pretty addictive, but this one makes it really hard to leave any for the reindeer.
Some snack mixes are more or less one-note, but this one is anything but. See, there’s the usual Chex cereal, but there are also pretzels and popcorn, chocolate candies and sprinkles and marshmallows, and the best news is that it’s all tied up together in a white chocolate coating.
You simply melt the white chocolate, pour it over the popcorn…
… then add the rest of the ingredients and toss. And that’s it.
It’s SO easy and yet so tasty and festive. (And I think we can all agree that it sure helps to have some easy treats to turn to during the holiday season.)
While this makes for excellent party fare, what I love to do most is make a batch of this and settle down on the couch with my family for a quiet Christmas movie night. (And a little bowl left out on Christmas Eve for Santa’s reindeer certainly wouldn’t be amiss either.)
Reindeer Chow Snack Mix
Serves 6-8 40 minutes
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 16 oz white candy coating
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 (12 oz) bag red and green chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place popped popcorn in center.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions, and pour over popcorn. Use tongs to toss and coat.
- Add pretzels, M&Ms, cereal, and toss again. Add sprinkles and marshmallows and toss once more.
- Let rest for 30 minutes, then break apart and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mom On Timeout.