If you love Hawaiian pizza then you’re going to love this one pan pasta dish!!
Hawaiian pizza always puts us in a good mood, dreaming about tropical aromas and warm island breezes. For this dish, we’ve taken those craveable Hawaiian pizza ingredients and turned them into a warm and comforting pasta dish. The best part is this dish comes together in under 30 minutes, and you only need one pan!
With this quick pasta dish, you cook the noodles in the tomato sauce and chicken broth and it not only cuts down on dishes, it makes the pasta that much more tasty and flavorful. Kids and adults alike will love this super easy, crowd-pleasing meal!
Hawaiian Pasta Skillet
- 1 pound ham, cooked and diced
- 1 pound rigatoni or similar pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) jar tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 -1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a large skillet or pot with a lid. Add ham and brown over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, onion powder, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the skillet; stir to combine.
- Stir in pasta and bring to a boil, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in pineapple and mozzarella. Turn off burner and let stand covered, about 5 minutes, until pineapple is warm and cheese is melted.
- Fold in fresh basil, and serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from Taste and Tell