There’s just something about the combination of lemon and raspberry that tastes like summer! I normally like my desserts sweet and chocolatey, but when the warmer weather rolls around, I’m all about fruity treats. If you’re looking for a delicious dessert bread that’s easy to throw together, I’ve got just the thing!
This Raspberry Lemon Loaf has plenty of raspberries and lemon zest, but the real secret ingredient is yogurt! Lemon-flavored yogurt makes this loaf particularly rich and moist. Let’s see how easy it is to make!
For a long time, I thought making bread was difficult and way beyond my skill set. While there certainly are delicate recipes that require proofing and dropping the oven temp halfway through, dessert breads are often much easier and more attainable to make. In fact, this is a great beginner recipe for anyone just starting to hone their skills in the kitchen!
Start by preheating the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, vegetable oil, egg + egg whites, vanilla, and lemon zest.
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. You’ll want the mixture to be moist but not soupy. Next, gently fold in the raspberries. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once done, let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. You can whip up a quick glaze with powdered sugar, milk, and lemon zest if you wish, but I like leaving this loaf as is for a nice little dessert without all the added sugar. Check out the recipe below for the full ingredient list and instructions!
Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
15m prep time
50m cook time
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon-flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, vegetable oil, egg + egg whites, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl.