Grill-out season is here, which means it’s time to round up your favorite side dish recipes. Chances are, you have a few go-to pasta salad recipes you whip out whenever you’re invited over to a friend’s house, or when you’re hosting other people.
While there’s nothing wrong with a classic, I love to mix things up a bit! So, if you’re looking to break out of the traditional pasta salad mold, I’ve got you covered. This Ranch Taco Pasta Salad is loaded with spices, veggies, pasta, cheese, and of course, ranch! What’s not to love about that combo?
This dish comes together so easily, which is always a plus in my book. Simply cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, measure out your spices, chop up some veggies, and toss everything together!
Not only is this salad bursting with flavor, but it also has an incredibly creamy texture, thanks to sour cream and mayo. Add in cheese, and you’ve got yourself a sure-fire hit on your hands. You may never go back to plain pasta salad again!
Go ahead and check out the recipe below to see just how easy this side dish is to make. You might want to double the recipe because this is going to be a crowd favorite!
Ranch Taco Pasta Salad
Serves 8-10 Prep 30m Cook 10m Inactive 2h
- 10 oz Rotini
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Ranch seasoning (dry)
- 1/2 cup Green onions, diced
- 1 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Corn. drained
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water then set aside.
- Mix together mayo and sour cream. Stir in salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and ranch seasoning. Add pasta to this and toss until all pasta is coated.
- Add green onions, bell pepper, corn, and cheese. Toss again to mix and then allow to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Diary of a Real Housewife.