A simple side dish!
If you’ve been following our recipes for very long, you’ve probably noticed that we’re big pineapple fans around here. From savory main dishes to desserts to afternoon snacks, we think most things are made better with the sweet tang of pineapple. If you feel similarly then I’m confident you will love this Pineapple Bake as much as we do! The sweet citrus flavor is truly front and center here. It makes for a perfect side dish or after dinner treat with a scoop of ice cream!
The best part might be just how simple this dish is to throw together. You’ll need a can of pineapple and 6 other kitchen staples, a minute of stirring it all together, and then this dish is ready to pop in the oven. Bake it for 45 minutes or until the top is starting to turn golden brown. I personally love how it tastes hot out of the oven, but the dish can be served cool as well (making it a great option for potlucks).
There’s no wrong occasion for this recipe, but it’s especially perfect alongside a baked ham at a holiday dinner. I’ve even been known to mix in a few maraschino cherries at Easter which the kids never fail to fight over. Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll love this tangy dish as much as we do. Don’t forget to try it with a scoop of ice cream!
5m prep time
45m cook time
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, sliced into pats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan and top with the butter pans and cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com