I know I’m not alone in my love of all things bread. Whether it’s breadsticks, garlic bread, banana bread, or a good old fashioned loaf of sourdough, if there’s bread involved, I’m here for it. Dessert bread in particular, is a weakness of mine.
I love a good pumpkin loaf when fall comes around, and lemon poppy seed bread usually makes an appearance during the spring and summer months. I’ve yet to come across anything quite like this peanut butter loaf before, though, and I was not disappointed with the results!
This recipe has a surprising depth of flavor. Not only is there the creamy, rich nutty flavor of peanut butter, but also cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. The final product isn’t too sweet – which makes it perfect for your favorite spread.
I personally love having peanut butter bread with jam – especially if it’s local or artisanal. Another favorite spread is Nutella. The chocolate hazelnut spread pairs well with the dense, earthy, slightly sweetened peanut butter loaf!
I used to think bread was difficult to make. Probably because I remember my mom struggling to work with her bread maker (and ultimately burning the bread). I used to think you could only make bread if you had one of those clunky machines, but I’ve since discovered all you need is a bread loaf pan, an oven, and a good recipe!
Like most baked goods, this peanut butter bread loaf starts by mixing dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another. Then, you’ll slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until combined, and pour in into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350°, and you’re all set!
If you’re a fan of all things peanut butter (and all things bread), then this is the recipe for you. Go ahead and give it a shot!
Peanut Butter Bread
Makes 1 loaf Prep 15m Cook 1h
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter & sugars. Then add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Slowly add the flour mix, stirring to combine. (The mixture will be dry, but don’t worry). Finally, mix in the milk.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from A Pretty Little Life in the Suburbs.