Whip Up This One-Pot Thai Coconut Chicken Curry In Under 20 Minutes! You Are Going To LOVE The Sauce!
One-Pot Recipe: Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
This Coconut Chicken curry is so good, everyone will be shocked when they find out how easy it is to make! That is, if you choose to share your secrets with them. Stir-fries and curries are always a nice option because you get so much bang for your buck and you don’t have to spend an inordinate amount of time over a hot stove; plus you get a sauce that is more than just yummy dressing for the chicken, becoming a soup that pairs beautifully with the chicken. Appetizer and entree in one- bonus! Really, this dish is a winner that you should all try. One pot. Ready in under 20 minutes. Possible? Yes.
Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 oz. green beans, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 1-2 red bell peppers, seeded and shopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add lime zest, ginger root and chili. Continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk, chicken broth and water, and stir in brown sugar, curry paste, green beans and bell peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Serve hot. Optional: serve with jasmine rice.
Recipe adapted from Betty CrockerSKM: below-content placeholder