This recipe is an easy way to spruce up your normal chocolate chip cookies. Not that they need sprucing up, but there are some extra goodies in these cookiesmacadamia nuts! Native to Australia, it was actually Hawaii that made these nuts a more international product and we’re glad they did. Generally, macadamia cookies are paired with white chocolate chips, but we love chocolate-y chocolate too much for that, so we came up with this recipe! Even if you consider yourself a die-hard, chocolate-chip-cookie-purist, you should try making these yummy treats; you get the same chocolate flavor with some added crunch…it’s a cookie surprise that we promise you’ll like!
Chocolate Chip Oat Macadamia Cookies
Yields 2-3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes.
- One by one, mix in eggs, waiting for each to be fully incorporated before adding the next one, and vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup at a time, mix dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, oats and macadamia nuts.
- Using a spoon, drop cookie dough (in equal increments) onto baking trays.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until set and edges are just starting to crisp.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.