The only thing better than starting your day with a cup of coffee is ending your day with a cup of coffee. Well, maybe not exactly a cup of coffee, but a cool and creamy chocolatey coffee dessert like this No-Bake Mocha Pie should do it. It’s seriously easy to make – no oven needed – and the combination of the chilled rich mocha flavor and crunchy cookie crust borders on celestial.
So you start with an Oreo cookie crust. And no, you don’t even have to bake that. Just mix up some cookie crumbs and melted butter, press it into a pie dish and let it chill and firm up while you make the filling.
The filling is equally simple. Cream that you’ve whipped up and mixed with some espresso powder…
… that’s made sturdier with chocolate instant pudding (and a touch more coffee for an extra kick).
Spread that cool and creamy mixture into your crust, let it chill, and you’re ready to indulge. (A few chocolate shavings on top don’t hurt matters either.)
Sometimes, a dessert becomes a go-to because you know it’s easy to make and you know it’s reliable. This Mocha Pie has all that going for it, certainly, but what keeps me coming back to it time and time again is that irresistibly silky chocolate-coffee combo paired with a sweet cookie crunch. It’s a winner for so many reasons!
No-Bake Mocha Pie
For the crust:
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup coffee, chilled or room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled and divided
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or rolling pin. Toss with melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Chill while you make the filling.
- Beat 1/2 cup of the heavy cream with an electric mixer until medium to stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining cream and espresso powder until all granules have dissolved.
- Add the pudding mix and coffee and whisk until thick, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream gently until no streaks remain.
- Pour into Oreo crust and smooth out top. Garnish with chocolate shavings and chill until ready to serve, at least 3 hours. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The View From Great Island.