Whether you know them as muddy buddies, puppy chow, or some other mildly confusing name, these chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar-covered morsels are the easiest and tastiest thing you’ll make this year! We discovered them in college – and were stunned by all the different ways you can make them – and now they’re one of our go-tos during the year whenever we need something we know people will love and devour.
At the core of this treat are corn chex, melted chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Combine everything together in a large plastic bag, shake it all up and you’re good to go!
- 1 (12.8 oz.) box corn chex cereal
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place corn chex in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a glass or microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips at 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and butter, then mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate peanut butter mixture over chex and stir until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Transfer chocolate coated chex to a gallon-sized resealable bag and pour in powdered sugar.
- Seal the bag, then shake for 20-30 seconds, or until all chex are coated in sugar. (Work in batches if there’s not enough room to shake cereal.)
- Serve immediately or keep in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Show Me The Yummy