We love a hearty bowl of soup just about any time of year! This pasta meatball soup is definitely a new favorite. Not only is this delicious soup ready in under 30 minutes, it’s also a one pot meal. Win-win! We’re all about easy clean up around our house. While store-bought meatballs will make this dinner super quick and easy for those busy weeknights, you should check out our tried and true homemade meatball recipe to make this meal extra special!
With the trifecta of Italian spices – basil, parsley, and oregano, this meatball soup is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Even though this recipe is quick and easy, it’s packed full of flavor in every bite. Since the noodles are cooked right in the sauce, you get a spoonful of savory spices every time. What’s not to love about pasta and meatballs in soup form? Truly, this is comfort food at it’s finest. Get ready for a new family favorite!
Serves 6 25min
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 packages (16 oz.) frozen meatballs (Or try our homemade meatball recipe!)
- 8 oz. rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- Add crushed tomatoes, marinara, chicken broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and seasonings to a large skillet. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add meatballs to the skillet, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add pasta to the skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat, discard bay leaf, and stir in parmesan cheese and milk.
- Serve up hot with extra cheese and fresh parsley for garnish!
Recipe adapted from Kim's Cravings.