If you love the taste and comfort of a traditional pot pie, but hate the hassle of making it and the mess that comes along with serving and eating it, you should give this recipe a try! These mini pot pies are perfect for an easy and substantial dinner recipe, but are also perfect to send along in lunchboxes or as after school snacks. Kids love them because they’re like mini packages filled with a surprise of tasty chicken, and adults love them because they’re quick to make, and you can stuff them full of whatever proteins and veggies you like! For a simple recipe that really delivers, these mini pot pies will blow you away!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 can unbaked buttermilk (or regular) biscuits, 10 count
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease 2 large muffin tins. (For even smaller pot pies you can use regular muffin tins.)
- Remove biscuits from tin and cut the tops off, leaving 3/4 for the bottom of the pot pie.
- Roll out each of the smaller pieces so that they’re 1/4-inch thick
- Take the larger pieces of biscuits and mold them into the bottoms and up the sides of the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, soup, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, mushrooms, onions and peas, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, then top with remaining biscuit tops. Crimp the edges of the dough to seal the pot pie together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over the tops of the muffins.
- Place tins in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove muffin tins from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Between 3 Sisters