They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but a lot of times people don’t have time for a filling, nutritious meal. Whether you turn to fast food breakfast items or you skip the meal entirely, we’re here to offer you an alternative: delicious yogurt pops that, when made with the right ingredients, weigh in at fewer than 80 calories! Perfect for kids and adults alike, you can take these and run out the door, not having to worry about mess or hassle.
Oh, and if you’re craving something sweet in the afternoon, feel free to grab another– they make the perfect mid-day snack!
Low-Fat Yogurt & Granola Popsicles
- 2 cups low-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar-free granola (store-bought is fine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
- Place Greek yogurt in a bowl and stir in honey.
- In a separate bowl, lightly press on blueberries to release their flavor. Reserve juices.
- Pour yogurt into molds and add blueberries with juices. Gently tap mold against countertop so blueberries settle.
- Evenly distribute granola over the tops of the popsicles and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 6-8 hours, or overnight. When ready to eat, run mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds until popsicles slide out.
- If they’re still stuck, keep under warm water for a few more seconds.
- Remove from molds and serve immediately, or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe adapted from Jessica GavinSKM: below-content placeholder