Lassis are a traditional, Indian beverage that cool you down and are comprised of yogurt and, in this case, fresh mango. They make an excellent pairing with spicy foods, due to the cold yogurt, but can also be enjoyed as breakfast smoothies or as an afternoon snack. Mango lassis get their yummy flavor from sweet mangos, but the added cardamom (and, optionally, rose water or salt) take it to the next level and make them interestingly delicious. If you’ve had this blended drink before and want to try your hand at making them at home — they’re easy!or if you want to try a different approach to starting your mornings or having a drink with dinner, try this mango lassi — you’ll love it!
- 3-4 medium mangoes (or 2 cups mango pulp)
- 2 cups full-fat, plain yogurt, chilled
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- mint leaves, garnish
- Peel mangoes and chop them into cubes.
- Place mangoes in blender and pulse with sugar and honey.
- Add cold yogurt, cream and cardamom powder, and continue blending for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once smooth, taste and see if you want to adjust the cream or add ice to make it thinner or thicker. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe adapted from Veg Recipes From India
SKM: below-content placeholder