The quickest and tastiest cabbage around.
You’ve got to admit there’s nothing like being able to make a dish really quickly to put into your top ten favorites recipes. The other consideration is of course taste and this hurry up skillet cabbage has both! It comes together in a flash (as the name suggests) and has a creamy-yet-spicy taste that makes it a great side for all kinds of meals.
The creamy part comes from some cream cheese. It might sound a bit odd, but it’s sort of like a richer version of creamed cabbage.
To offset the creaminess are some pickled jalapeños and some garlic. This just gives the cabbage a bit more of kick and keeps it interesting.
From start to finish you can have this on the table in 20 minutes- that’s how quick it is! You only need to cook the cabbage for 10 minutes since it’s thinly shredded before it goes into the skillet.
Then just stir in the cream cheese after the cabbage has cooked. You end up with cabbage that’s perfectly done- not too hard or too soft.
If you love cabbage and you also love quick meals then this skillet is a great addition to your recipe arsenal of fast and tasty foods.
Hurry Up Skillet Cabbage
10m prep time
10m cook time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced green chilis, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, onion, chilis, onion powder, water, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is wilted and onion is softened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve piping hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.