Hot chocolate is a favorite beverage this time of year. What with the cold weather and dreary days, nothing is quite as comforting as curling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate. Now imagine taking that same sweet, chocolatey, marshmallow goodness and having it in popcorn form!
If you’re a fan of all things hot chocolate, then this is the snack recipe of your dreams. The best part is, it’s so incredibly easy to make!
Start by popping 8 cups of popcorn. If you’re using microwave bags, it’ll be about 2-3 bags. Once you have the popcorn, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the popcorn out in an even later. Sprinkle hot chocolate mix over the popcorn, along with some mini marshmallows.
Evenly distribute 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips over the popcorn/marshmallow mix. Then, melt 1/4 cup of each kind of chocolate chip and drizzle on top. Immediately after pouring the chocolate onto the popcorn, top with chocolate sprinkles!
This is a sugary-sweet, decadent dessert all wrapped up in popcorn form. This Hot Chocolate Popcorn is a perfect snack for the holidays, or for any day you want an extra-special treat! Go ahead and check out the recipe below for the full ingredient list and easy to follow instructions.
Hot Chocolate Popcorn
Makes 6-8 servings
10m prep time
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 envelopes hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread popcorn out in a single layer.
- Sprinkle hot chocolate mix over the popcorn, followed by mini marshmallows.
- Evenly distribute 1/2 of the white chocolate chips and 1/2 of the dark chocolate chips over the popcorn.
- Microwave the remaining 1/2 of each kind of chocolate chip for 30-45 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the popcorn, immediately followed by sprinkles.
Recipe adapted from A Cultivated Nest.