Looking for something a little different? You won’t be disappointed with this dish!
Are you looking for a fun and unique side to bring to your next get-together? I’ve got you covered with this Honey Mint Wild Rice Salad. It sounds pretty fancy, right? Luckily, it comes together in a snap!
This dish features apples, wild rice, fresh mint, and a mouthwatering honey & red wine vinegarette. Let’s see how easy it is to throw together in the video below!
This has to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve come across in a while. Once the prep work is done, just toss it all together! I love how colorful this salad is, and of course, how unique it is! This dish is sure to be the hit of the party, or at the very least, a hit around your dinner table.
Start by combining apple chunks with lemon juice in a large bowl and mixing well. Next, stir in rice, almonds, and mint. Mix until combined and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk well. Add orange sauce and toss to evenly coat. After that, it’s just a matter of refrigerating for a few hours until everything is set! You can top with fresh mint and almond slices if you want to go the extra mile.
Honey Mint Wild Rice Salad
Makes 6 servings
10m prep time
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 apples, chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced (extra for topping)
- 2 tablespoons mint, fresh, chopped (extra for topping)
- Combine apple chunks with lemon juice in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in rice, almonds, and mint stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, and whisk well. Add orange sauce and toss to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until serving. Optional: sprinkle mint and almond slices on top.
Recipe adapted from A Magical Mess.