These Stuffed Strawberry Santas Just Might Be The Cutest Treat Of All Time– Not To Mention The Yummiest!
Sweet Christmas Recipe: Stuffed Strawberry Santas
Looking for the perfect, refreshing dessert to bring to your holiday party? These strawberry Santas are possibly the cutest things we’ve ever seen and should be a winter party staple! There are so many good things about this treat: it’s a fruit dessert, meaning it’s much healthier than some of your other options and it really adds some freshness to any meal or holiday appetizer/sweet spread; they’re not hard to make–if you can cut strawberries in half, use a hand mixer and squirt frosting out of a bag, you’re golden .. Also, they’re ridiculously cute.
If you haven’t seen or tried these, you should absolutely take the time to make them, as they’re a crowd favorite and you’ll love that everyone is oohing and aahing over your adorable strawberry Santas!
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Use a paring knife to remove leaves and stems from strawberries and create a flat base for them to sit on.
- Cut off the pointy, narrow top 1/3 part of each strawberry and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together mascarpone and vanilla extract until smooth and thick. 5-6 minutes.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar until you’ve reached desired sweetness and sugar is incorporated.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip (or just use a Ziploc bag with a very small part of the corner cut off).
- Pipe frosting onto the cut, top part of strawberries and rest reserved strawberry hats” on top of frosting.
- Gently push 2 mini chocolate chips into the frosting for Santa’s eyes.
- Garnish with a final dot (or 2) of frosting on the front of the strawberry to act as the button(s) to Santa’s coat and a dot on the top part of the strawberry for the puff on Santa’s hat.
Recipe adapted from Just A PinchSKM: below-content placeholder