Roast beef is sort of like our Christmas/New Year ‘s equivalent to a turkey dinner. The family makes it together, it goes along with roast potatoes, horseradish and plum pudding, and it brings everyone closer. Bonus: it ‘s super easy to roast the vegetables along with the meat, so you get your protein and veggies all in one; all the flavors mingle together for a wonderful, complete meal! It doesn’t have to be made for a holiday meal, but it ‘s perfect in the wintertime when you want something a little more hearty!
- 3 pounds beef roast (topside)
- 6-8 baby potatoes, rinsed and halved
- 2 white onions, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic, rinsed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Remove beef from fridge 30-45 minutes before it goes in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of baking dish along with thyme and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub beef all over with a generous amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle beef on top of vegetables, place in oven and lower to 400 F.
- Cook roast beef for 50-60 minutes, or until desired done-ness is reached.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Slice thinly and serve with your preference of vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver