I make a batch of this on the weekend and it gets us through the week!
It’s no secret that garlic bread can make or break a meal – perfectly buttery and golden bread versus overly garlicky and blackened-to-a-crisp – and we’re here with a trick that will get you amazing garlic bread every time, guaranteed. All you need is an easy spread that comes together in under five minutes. Pulse your garlic and herbs, then add in your butter and cheese and you’re good to go!
Once you’ve got your garlic spread (which you can use immediately or pop in the fridge for later), just spread it on your bread, then stick it in the oven for 15 minutes, or until it’s deliciously toasted and golden. Just make sure to set a timer! Too many times we’ve forgotten this crucial step and pulled out an aforementioned blackened loaf…trust us, scraping off the burned bits to try and get a remnant of yummy bread is no fun, so get that timer going and enjoy perfect bread, thanks to this spread, every time!
Serves 4-6; 5 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- French bread, for serving
- Combine garlic, oregano and basil in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Add softened butter, parmesan cheese and onion powder, and pulse again until fully combined and smooth.
- [When ready to use, preheat oven to 350º F.]
- Transfer mixture to an air-tight container, or spread on a loaf of French bread and bake, cut sides up, for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Brown Sugar Mama