A basic scrambled eggs seems relatively easy but there are still some mistakes that can come along with the process.
There are many things you can make in the kitchen but scrambled eggs have got to be one of the easiest. They are part of a typical breakfast and you can have them ready within a matter of minutes. A basic scrambled eggs seems relatively easy but there are still some mistakes that can come along with the process. You might overwork the eggs, over season them or even overcook them. Fortunately, we have the advice of professional chefs to make it easier.
The following recipe is from Gordon Ramsay and it makes the perfect scrambled eggs. You will enjoy them at any time of the day.
Gather the following ingredients:
6 cherry tomatoes (on vine)
2 large mushrooms
salt and pepper
Follow these directions:
1. First, get a pan on low heat and throw in a little olive oil. Next, put in your two large mushrooms flat side down along with your six cherry tomatoes that are still on the vine. Next, slice a thick piece of sourdough bread and throw it in the toaster. Ideally, these can cook on low in the background as you prepare your eggs!
2. In another pan or pot, get three eggs and crack them directly in the pan. Do not salt them at this stage! Throw in a tablespoon or two of butter and begin to work the butter and eggs together with a spatula over medium-high heat, constantly working the ingredients together.
3. As Ramsay says, treat your eggs like a risotto. Keep working them the whole time and don’t let them stick to the surfaces or edges. Once the eggs start getting thick, take the pot off the heat and stir it again. After that, put it back on the heat and repeat this process three to four times.
4. Once you’ve done this a few times, take the pot off the heat and add half a tablespoon of creme fraiche and stir it in. Add some salt and pepper and some finely chopped chives as well. Fold all the ingredients in and the eggs are done!
5. Finally, take your tomatoes and mushrooms out of the other pan as well as your finished toast. Load them all onto a plate and carefully drop your eggs onto your toast!
You can watch it for yourself in this video:SKM: below-content placeholder