If You Love German Chocolate Cake, We Know These Cookies Will Hit The Spot!!!
We love the classic German chocolate cake and didn’t think it could get any better, but then we discovered these delicious German chocolate cake cookies. That’s right, all the decadent flavors we know and love from the traditional cake, packed into a cookie…good thing this recipe makes a big batch of them, cause we’re going to need as many as we can get!
German Chocolate Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box German chocolate cake mix (with or without pudding)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl and mix in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, coconut and pecans and mix until just incorporated.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto lined baking sheets, leaving 1 1/2-2 inches between each one.
- Place sheets in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until centers are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from PillsburySKM: below-content placeholder