Potatoes are fantastic accompaniment to almost any dish, it just depends how you decide to make them; here, we decided to go with the classic “wedge”. While you could slice your potatoes, throw em in the oven and call it a day, adding our special seasoning makes this a side dish that’s impossible to turn down: cheese, paprika, garlic and rosemary give this finger food some tasty elegance. If you’re tired of French fries or mashed potatoes, or if you just want to switch things up before going back to your trusty favorites, make these and they’ll give your regular sides a run for their money!
Garlic and Herb Home Fries
- 5 russet potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stem removed, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Wash potatoes and cut in half, lengthwise. Then cut each half into 4-5 wedges (like sliced pickles).
- Put potatoes in a large Ziploc bag and pour in olive oil, rosemary, garlic, paprika, sea salt and pepper. Shake well to coat each wedge.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until brown and tender.
- Flip potatoes over and roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until other side is brown and potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan. Optional: serve with sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s KitchenSKM: below-content placeholder