If there’s one thing we love it’s a good, fresh pasta. Even better than that, we love a simple pasta recipe! This one has just three ingredients, so it fit the bill.
There had to be a way we could enjoy a homemade pasta without all the kneading by hand, and it turns out we were right. After a little searching, we discovered a handy, simple method that makes foolproof pasta every time. Keep reading below for this simple recipe…
Simple Egg Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- a pinch of salt
- Add flour and salt to the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse the flour briefly, then add the eggs and process until the dough forms a rough bowl (about 30 seconds). If the dough doesn’t quite come together in a complete mass and instead looks like small pebbles, add water 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Turn the dough ball and any small bits from the workbowl out onto a dry work surface and knead until smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes). Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for between 15 minutes and 2 hours.
- Roll and form as desired.
- To make the noodles pictured above, run through a pasta machine or place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin into a wide disk. Roll the pin away from you to stretch the dough in one direction, then turn the dough 90 degrees and roll again. Repeat this process over and over until you have a disk shaped piece of dough about 2-3mm thick.
- When the dough is rolled out, take once side and fold it over about 4cm, then flip the portion again and repeat until the whole disk is rolled up. Take a sharp knife and starting at one end of the roll, slide off disks of pasta depending on how thick you want. To cook, just add to a pot of boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes.
Recipe adapted fromFood Network