“Pizzette” are what Italians call little pizzas. Normal pizza is great, don’t get us wrong, but there’s something so fun and cute about these smaller versions that’s got us obsessed. These pizzette are particularly fun because they’re made of puff pastry and are delicious and super easy to make and customize! This recipe is great for a filling lunch or dinner (and if you want even more, just use two sheets of puff pastry) and you can get the whole family involved for a kid-friendly activity; they’ll love using the cookie cutter(better off using more than one so there’s no arguing) and will be thrilled that they helped make such a yummy meal!
Puff Pastry Pizzette
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pound mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Roll/Unfold puff pastry and take a 5-inch circular cookie cutter and begin cutting out pizzette.
- Transfer puff pastries to baking sheet and place slices of mozzarella in the center of each circle.
- Put tomato and onion slices on top of cheese, then sprinkle with garlic.
- Top with more cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately (optional: garnish with herbs) and enjoy!