Pizza tonight? All the makings of a great homemade pizza in the palm of your hands!
Pita pizzas are in. An easy pizza crust is all you need to make a delicious pizza. Who knew? Growing up, my family would host build-your-own pizza nights. Our way of spending time together was through food, no doubt about that. Once a month or so, someone in my family would buy “pizza set-ups” at S&T Provisions in Chicago, and they would host a pizza night at their houses and invite THE WHOLE FAMILY . It was a loud great time with lots of pizza and desserts. I mean homemade pizzas are like restaurant quality at home. Using pita bread makes pizza night more accessible. You’re even gonna love the pizza spice recipe, it adds magic to your pizza. Tonight, pizza night is at your house!
Pizza spice is what your pizza night is missing! Wondering why you’re homemade pizza doesn’t taste quite that good? Pizza spice. This lovely combination of spices makes your homemade pizza burst with flavor. I sprinkle this on the sauce and on the cooked cheese.
We like a crispy crust on our pizzas here. Brush the flatbreads all over with olive oil if you’re baking on a sheet tray or just the top side if you’re baking on a pizza stone.
Spread the sauce, the cheese and the toppings all the way to the crust. Let the cheese hang! We love those crispy caramelized bits at the edge of the pizza.
Garnish with fresh basil and a sprinkle of pizza seasoning right when it comes out of the oven. Now, THIS is pizza!
These cute little pizzas make great party ideas. Build your own pizza parties are it! Pick up everything at the grocery store on the way over for a fun memorable moment with the people you love. These pizzas also freeze great! Make your own frozen pizzas up next?
Easy Pita Pizza
Serves 4 - 6
10m prep time
15m cook time
For pizza toppings:
- 4 flatbread pitas or naan bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 oz. store-bought pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 oz. provolone cheese slices, torn into strips
- 6 oz. pepperoni slices
- 8 - 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
For pizza spice:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a bowl, mix all the spices together for the pizza spice. Reserve half for the topping. Place flatbreads on a sheet tray.
- Brush with both sides of the pita with olive oil. Spread 1/3 cup marinara over flatbread, pizza spice, followed by mozzarella and provolone. Top each pizza with pepperoni and a few basil leaves.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until the cheese turns golden. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pizza seasoning.