Easy Dessert Recipe: Honey Nut & Caramel- Covered Apples
If there’s one thing that gets us into the spirit of things each fall, it’s caramel applesand this is the easiest recipe around! If you want to go the extra mile to make these apples truly out of this world, continue on by coating them in honey roasted peanuts, but they are exceptional even without the special ingredient. We could have taken a more gourmet approach to our apples by making the caramel sauce ourselves, but we figured, why go to the extra effort when they’re so great just like this? This recipe is a really fun activity for kids to help with (if you don’t mind them having sticky hands) and you’ll all be rewarded with a sweet, tart and crunchy treat at the end!
Honey Nut-Covered Caramel Apples
Makes 5-6 apples
- 1 (11 oz) package caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups honey roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 5-6 apples, unwaxed
- 5-6 popsicle or craft sticks
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash apples thoroughly and pat them dry.
- Remove stems, insert craft sticks into centers and refrigerate apples.
- Put chopped peanuts in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place candies in a microwave/heat-safe bowl, add cream and microwave for a total of 3 minutes, stirring caramel once every minute.
- Take apples out of fridge and roll each one in the caramel sauce. Scrape off the excess at the bottom of each apple (because more will drip down to replace it).
- Roll apples in bowl of chopped nuts, making sure to cover them entirely, and gently press nuts into caramel coating to make sure they adhere.
- Transfer apples to parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in the fridge to chill.
Recipe adapted from the Yummy LifeSKM: below-content placeholder