Too easy to taste this good!
When cooking a big, impressive meal there are often lots of steps to getting everything finished just right. But, sometimes the easiest meals using the freshest ingredients can actually be the best tasting. When you want a refreshing and simple meal the simples are the g-o-to, and they don’t take a lot of skill or time to make. These easy black bean mango tacos are quick, tasty, and healthy: the best of all worlds.
To make these easy tacos you don’t even need do very much cooking. You do need to warm the tortillas, but other than that there’s no cooking involved. You can heat up the canned black beans if you like, but even that isn’t required.
The bulk of the time in making these tacos lies in prepping the ingredients and assembling them. You’ll need to chop fresh cabbage, cut up a mango, and thinly slice an avocado.
There’s also a yummy sauce to go with these tacos that’s a blend of hot sauce and mayonnaise. Combined in the tortilla with the fillings, the crumbled queso fresco, and a bit of lime juice on top these tacos are very zesty and delicious.
If you’ve never had mango combined with spicy, savory ingredients then you might not know what you’re missing. The pairing brings out the flavor of the mango more and adds a fruity sweetness to balance the heat.
Once you make this simple meal you’ll never want to fall back on other “too lazy to cook” recipes!
Easy Black Bean Mango Tacos
20m prep time
1 cook time
- 1 can cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 limes, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 3 Serrano peppers, seeded and diced
- sea salt to taste
- salsa verde to taste
- In small bowl combine beans with chili powder, juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste.
- In another small bowl combine mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in dry skillet over medium low heat.
- Top each tortilla with a little beans, cabbage, avocado, mango, cilantro, cheese, and pepper. Sprinkle with salt. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve with tacos, along with mayo sauce and salsa verde on the side.
Recipe adapted from Love and Lemons.