Calling all pickle lovers! This quick coleslaw is basically the side dish of your dreams. It has that signature briny flavor that makes dill pickles so lovable, yet it also has a nice creamy crunch going on. It’s an easy side with a little more interest than your usual picnic salad.
While dill pickle relish is mainly responsible for the pickle flavor here, we’ve also added some apple cider vinegar, sugar, and celery salt to help that briny flavor along. That’s all tempered by some mayo for a nice creamy dressing that takes mere seconds to mix up.
Toss it with a bag of pre-shredded cabbage and a bit of grated onion and you’re in business!
For something that takes about five minutes to make, this coleslaw has an incredible amount of flavor. Creamy and tangy, but still a little sweet… yum! Regular old coleslaw may be just fine, but this brings a whole new level of flavor into play, and pickle lover or not, you just might find a new coleslaw favorite here.
Dill Pickle Coleslaw
Serves 6 Prep 10m
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (14 oz) bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, onion, relish, sugar, vinegar, and celery salt.
- Add the cabbage and toss to combine. Season to taste, toss again, and enjoy! Serve chilled or room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen.