Another amazing option for what could be breakfast or dessert … or really anything in between. Nutella has become super popular in recent years and we’re still thinking of all the delicious ways it can be put to use. In this case, stuffed between rich layers of French toast. This is a hazelnutty/fruity concoction, but it doesn’t need the strawberries in it to be great. Switch things up according to your preferences! Alternately, this could be fantastic with peanut butter and honey or any other wide assortment of pairings — your options are limitless!
Nutella-Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
2 large eggs?
1/3 cup milk?
4 slices French or Challah bread?
4-6 tablespoons Nutella?
1 cup strawberries
2 tablespoons butter?
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Powdered sugar, for serving, to taste
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Mix Nutella with strawberries that have been washed and quartered. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of Nutella and strawberries on two slices of bread. Place the remaining slices of bread on top to create two separate Nutella sandwiches.*You could also save strawberries and use them as garnish once the French toast is cooked.
3. Carefully dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg/milk mixture. Allow 3-5 seconds per side so the bread absorbs the liquid.
4. Melt your butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Plate and sprinkle sandwiches with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their PodSKM: below-content placeholder