This is the perfect side dish for steak, chicken, fish, or pork.
When veggies look and taste this good, everyone around our table practically begs for a second helping. Hearty potatoes make such a comforting side dish. They’re simple and satisfying, and there are so many ways to prepare them.
Last night, we sautéed a few new potatoes to serve alongside our pan-seared pork chops. We decided to toss green beans into the pan too, along with onions, tender mushrooms, and an assortment of herbs and spices, and the combination was absolutely amazing! The recipe is super easy, and it cooks up quickly. We love the flavor fresh herbs lend to this dish, but dried seasonings work just as well in a pinch. It’s the perfect accompaniment to almost any entree!
Skillet Potatoes With Green Beans And Herbs
Serves 4; 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds gold new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon if needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions to caramelize, 5 minutes. Add potatoes and 1 teaspoon olive oil, if needed. Sauté 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Add mushrooms, garlic powder and herbs. Sauté until mushrooms are softened.
- Add green beans and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss gently to combine and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or serve directly from sauté pan.
Recipe adapted from Small Town Woman