These Parmesan crisps are so fast and easy to make, you’ll want to whip up a batch any time you’re having guests over. They’re irresistibly crunchy and make a terrific alternative to tortilla or potato chips, adding a special flair to a snack spread. Try serving these perfect snacks with ranch dressing or marinara sauce as dipping sauces, or float them on the top of a bowl of hot tomato soup to add an extra treat to a meal. These crisps are also terrific replacements for croutons in salads. Just taste one of these crispy, cheesy snacks, and you’ll be hooked.
20 minutes to prepare serves 12
- 3/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the Parmesan cheese, flour, thyme and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture by tablespoons into little heaps on the parchment paper, about 3 inches apart from each other. Use the back of the spoon to flatten each heap.
- Bake the crisps for eight minutes or until golden brown. The crisps will still be slightly soft at this stage. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool completely.
- Remove the crisps from the parchment paper using a metal spatula. Serve immediately, or store between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes