No sides needed with tasty and complete-meal casserole!
Gather around the table to feast on a complete, balanced meal in one simple dish when you make this easy chicken divan casserole. Packed with protein and other nutrients, this tasty twist on a classic includes savory brown rice and chunks of chicken dressed up with a little broccoli and cheddar cheese to create a weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Dish up a big plate for dinner, then pack the leftovers for lunch the next day – it’s even better when the flavors have more time to develop – you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Chicken Divan Casserole
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 packages broccoli florets (10 oz.), frozen
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a large baking dish (rectangular or round).
- Spread rice out along the bottom of baking dish, then top with alternating layers of broccoli and chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder, and mix together until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken and broccoli, then sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes